Many people speak English informally (pigeon talk) , rather than formally.
Here are some examples of informal grammar:
* Talking to friends
* Personal correspondence (e.g. sending an e-mail)
* Creative writing (e.g. writing a novel)
* Journalism - the writer determines rules for writing
Here are some examples of formal grammar:
* Academic writing
* Research papers
* Business reports
* Applications for jobs/colleges
* College essays
In the end, it is not grammar that has decreased in America. It is our level of education that is falling.
The verb is the most important part of a sentence in English.
* A person, place, thing, idea, or activity
* Proper noun - specific and capitalized
* Common noun - general and NOT capitalized
* Collective noun - function as a group
* Gerund - a verb acting as a noun